Thursday, October 8, 2009

Some news

The latest numbers show that the bad stuff (Kappa Light Chains & Ser. Ratio) are still increasing... but only by 10% instead of the previous 25%. So I guess that's an improvement...slowing the increase? That's what my doc thinks so I'm going to slog through the next 2 weeks of the clinical trial, and re-evaluate at that point.

I also started a Z-pak antibiotic, because I felt right on the verge of a monstrous strep throat. I could have gotten the bug from family or friends, but I think it's more likely that on one of my few outings -- drugstore or grocery -- someone wheezed or snorked in my direction. Drugstores are especially toxic. They're full of sick people! I've trained the pharmacy personnel to keep antibacterial hand gel at the counter. If I have to sign that #@!! book using a pen that sick people have been touching all day....

2 comments:

Sandy said...

eeewwwwwww - gross! Just the image is ... well, nasty. I have just returned from a foreign country where no one was sneezing, hacking or coughing on others. I don't know where they were, but it was delightful to be around people who, presumably, are smart enough to stay home if they feel ill... what is it with the U.S. dwellers that makes them think they are so important they HAVE to go to work when they are feeling badly--- read: sniffling, sneezing, coughing AND complaining about all those symptoms to whomever will listen???

La Cootina said...

AND send their kids to school even though they're sick, so the cycle goes on and on and on...