Sunday, February 7, 2010

Endless Winter

This is one of the longest cold spells I can ever remember here. I'm not sure of the exact number of days, or the official snowfall totals, but I believe it's been below freezing for about a month. And we've had 4-5 snowfalls of at least 4-6". We still have about 8" of snow on the ground most places. The main roads are clear, but the side roads are icy and treacherous. There's no end in sight right now: we've got at least another week of below-freezing weather predicted, and another snow coming this weekend.

It's not much by Minneapolis standards (or even my hometown), but in these parts, that's a lot. And being mostly housebound means I'm completely without excuses for this mess...

(Cousin #3 & Sis bundled up for sledding.)

2 comments:

tim's wife said...

I hear ya there! We've got well over a foot on the ground with more coming. Been inside a lot but can't see the top of my diningroom table right now and there's dust bunnies in our bedroom. I need a fridge magnet that says "my other house is cleaner." It is too. Both tenants in our rental keep their places immaculate. I'd be embaressed to have them walk in here! Oh well, I just try to convince myself that people with spotless houses are neurotic.

La Cootina said...

Yes, yes, yes. When was the last time I saw my dining room table? It's a crap magnet! But mixed in with the crap is Vitally Important Stuff, so I can't just sweep it all into the trash.

"Less Dirty is The New Clean!"