Monday, July 21, 2008

Fun with Novacaine


Aware of my cancer and the fact that I have been unable to work for a long time, my dentist has very graciously agreed to treat me free for a year. It's a program through the state association and she gets to write off everything. Still, it's a very generous gesture.

So, I'm trying to get a fair amount of dental work done as soon as I can. I've had a cockeyed "crossbite" all my life and although I am scrupulous about brushing and flossing, there is always, always work to be done.
My mouth is chock full of boat payments, college tuition, tropical vacations. (You people with straight teeth have no idea what the rest of us go through.)

Today we were replacing a very old filling... way, way in the back. Just above my kneecap, I think. We have learned to use lots of novacaine. This means that nearly my whole freakin' face is numb. My nose and lower eyelid are tingling. I'm really hungry, but don't care to bite my tongue and cheek, and spill my snack all over my shirt. So I'll just wait til the tingling subsides a bit.

But it's interesting that right now, when I willy, willy can hodly thpeak ah all, I've had thwee phone cahs. THWEE!

No comments: