Sunday, July 20, 2008

Like a Spa, Only Better




Now, that's a swanky bedroom, eh? Yes, thanks to the Foodies. Led by our master decorator, Karin, and Cathy F., the bedroom received new paint on walls, ceiling, and trim; new bedding, a new rug, a new lamp (which, since the picture was taken, has gotten a shade), new window treatments (plantation shades and cotton curtains) and a new light fixture. Cathy C. and Jason pitched in, too, at a critical point. The color scheme is apple green and ice blue, with black & white accents. (Can you tell the piece at the bottom of the bed is actually a tablecloth?) I don't think I've ever had such a beautiful bedroom; it is so elegant, and yet so comfortable.

The leaf "collage" was my contribution. I collected thrift shop picture frames (the round one and the two diamond mirrors were a nice find) and spray-painted them black. Previously, I had collected and pressed leaves in my flower press. I spray painted them black as well. I had some of the wall paint left over, so I painted some cardboard, and cut to fit the frames so the background of the leaves is the same as the wall color. I have to say, I think it turned out pretty groovy.

I still don't want to have the stem cell transplant, but recovery will be a whole lot nicer in this bedroom.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love it!! The whole thing turned out soooo nice--and I love your leaf project. Enjoy it! :)