Sunday, March 15, 2009

Long Hair... Rully Long Hair

Aack! This is my high school senior portrait, taken during my junior year. Portrait of The Coot as a Young Vixen, with very long and not very pretty hair, and the factory original nose.

Shortly after the picture was taken, I got most of The Hair cut off and it was a vast improvement. I continued to sport the Jimmy Durante schnozz for quite a while, finally succumbing to one! two! three! surgeries* before seeing an aesthetic improvement. I now have the cute little model that should have been my genetic destiny.

I hated high school. Every minute of every day. I conned them into letting me go half-days for two years, and squeaked by with just enough credits to graduate. Even so, my skipping exploits are legendary and I doubt a diploma was ever awarded to anyone who attended fewer classes. Giving me the damned diploma was far, far preferable to having to deal with me for another year.

I didn't even go back for my senior yearbook; eventually my mom went and picked it up. I have never been back to a reunion...and I don't think I have ever run into a single classmate.

*Nosebob #1 did nothing for me cosmetically and completely screwed up my sinuses. Bob #2 was supposed to repair the damaged sinuses but it reduced only my wallet. Bob #3 repaired some of the damage but most importantly, sculpted that big ol' honker down to something in scale with the rest of my face. Moral of the story: If you're going to consider plastic surgery, GO TO THE BEST the first time, and save yourself subsequent surgeries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I've never been to a reunion either with nary a pang of regret. I couldn't wait to get away from my hometown, though I stuck it out through college. Once I left, I stayed gone.

Hope you are well.