Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Week of Eating Phoenetically

I watched Dr. Oz on Oprah today talking about what our bodies need. Coincidentally, I read a little blurb in "O" magazine about food additives. So starting tomorrow, I'm committing to one week of eating phoenetically: I will only eat things I can pronounce.

That's going to cut way down on my convenience fare. I will be getting protein mostly from eggs and the cocktail shrimp that are always in my freezer. I will also be working my way through some ancient frozen fruit that will finally fulfill its destiny as fruit smoothies. Luckily, I had stopped at Trader Joe's today, so I have some Veggie & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips, plenty of nuts, and some lowfat Chocolatey Cats Cookies, but overall, I'm going to make an effort to reduce my snacking. I no longer have the excuse of steroids (HALLELUJAH!) so this seems like a good first step to paring off some of the steroid blubber. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

susan said...

Ok, I am wishing you luck! And love! And all good things!!

La Cootina said...

I think I was crazy to start this while I still have peppermint ice cream in the freezer... that may be my biggest challenge.

Unknown said...

I've read that the fewer the ingredients, the better. Like Daisy sour cream--its ingredients are Grade A cultured cream. That's it! Good luck on your quest!