Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blogiversary!

Happy Blogiversary to me. Yes, it was a year ago, and I can't believe my first post was "Camp Itchy Crotch," a diatribe about a yeast infection, as a result of diabetes, as a result of steroids, as a result of chemo. It took me a while to warm up to the subject of cancer, but I've hardly shut up since.

I received my MM diagnosis in December 2007. Realizing I was in for some serious down time, I started talking about a blog with my knowledgeable friend Kelly, and foodie pal Michelle. But it didn't actually happen until Kelly came over and walked me through, step by step. I think I could have gotten here on my own eventually, but her support sure made it easier. I don't know if my fairy blogmothers believe it, but I have tried very hard to keep my *PITA quotient to a minimum.

So - a year later, still no remission but the blog has been an amazing experience. It has been a wonderful distraction, especially through the darkest days of the stem cell transplant, blood clot and port explosion. We've shared many walks down memory lane, most of them happy. It has provided an easy outlet for venting; yes, sometimes **too easy. Best of all, the blog became a conduit to some very special new friends who've created a network of support and comfort.

*PITA = pain in the ass
**Without the blog, I shudder to think what my response might have been to The Meanest, Nastiest Person I've Ever Encountered, but it probably would have involved bail at some point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. The archives show some older posts; they were just given older dates so that I could link a separate page. Another quirk of Blogger.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Blogiversary!! The blogging world is better because you are in it :)

La Cootina said...

Awww, thanks Michelle, and thanks for your help!

Anonymous said...

Nice phrase