Thursday, July 30, 2009

Losing Streak

Oh, the things I've lost in the last year... the list has grown exponentially the last couple of weeks, as I lost my driver's license, my only major credit card, and a check. And today, I realized I lost an entire day.

I've also lost my ability to concentrate, to finish tasks. I've forgotten appointments, even when I get a reminder the day before. I'm quite sure this is all due to chemo-brain.

Today, I left the house and noticed all my neighbors had put out their trash a day early. That's kind of weird, isn't it? No... no, turns out it IS trash day. How did that happen? It was Monday, and then I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday... and then suddenly, it was Thursday! I don't know where Wednesday went. I wish it was like Daylight Savings Time, and I could get the day back next spring, but I'm afraid it's just lost forever. It's as if a whole colony of Borrowers has moved in to the Villa.

There is a chance, though, that I'll find my credit card and my driver's license. I hope they're keeping my diamond necklace company.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDENDUM: I found the credit card! It was somehow tangled in my sheets; probably fell out of a pocket at some point. Still no sign of the driver's license. Or the check. Or the diamond. Or Wednesday.

No comments: