Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The New Addition

I was 7-1/2 when my sister was born, and every bit as thrilled as I look (far right) in this picture. Bros 1 and 2, and Cousins 2 and 3 look a bit more pleased, or at least interested. As you might guess, I was perfectly content being the only girl, and having a bedroom to myself. I saw no need to change the status quo.

In an effort to distract three very young children while their mother was in the hospital, my Dad, or maybe one of my grandparents, had given us a new fishbowl and a large goldfish.

When my teacher (I think I was in Second Grade) got the word that we had a baby girl, she asked me if I would like to tell the class about the new addition to our family. "Sure." I replied. I walked to the front of the class, delighted to be the center of attention and share the big news.

"We got a goldfish!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these blast from the past posts. What a cute crew you are :)

I had the same experience when my sister came along after I had my queendom established at home. Luckily she turned out to be a pretty cool sister to have around ;)

La Cootina said...

Likewise. I'm so glad I didn't moider her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.