Monday, September 22, 2008

And another thing...!

Thanks to a quick call to Mom and Dad, I switched to my other TV addiction, Dancing With the Stars. I can't believe I almost missed it! {{{shudder}}}} Come on, it's not just me; there are millions of us totally hooked on it. My whole family knows there is a no-phone-call rule during the show.

Brooke Burke - wowza! Has she really had four kids? Unbelievable. Cloris Leachman - props for getting out there at her age but please, please, put the funbags away. I promise you, those 82-year-old tatas are not helping you get votes. Can we program my stem cells to give me Edyta's body? Who is Kim Kardashian? And isn't being a "reality tv star" just a bit of an oxymoron? Or is it just plain moron?

NOTE - I also got a mega dose of my pal, dexy (dexamethasone, a steroid that makes me leap short buildings in a single hobble). Now I can't even remember why I need it, but I argued against it, and I lost. Maybe I argue just out of habit, but I really hate dex. I inhaled dinner, a larger meal than I've eaten in weeks; now I'm typing, reading, watching, eating horded cookies, and I expect to bounce off the walls at full speed all night long. It would probably take two sleeping pills, and maybe an elephant tranquilizer, to slow me down now.

And if you look at me sideways, I will burst into tears and it will clearly be all your fault, you pig, you bastard. Now shut up, I'm watching.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, What can I say to make it better? Nothing. And that's what hurts me so much. I can't say "I know what you mean"... I don't! You're in uncharted territory. I know that I've experienced pain, but not like yours. You must be so scared, and I think you are so brave. One thing I do know, and this is an unshakeable Truth: Someday all of this will seem like some crappy horrible bad nightmare, and you will once again enjoy good health and happiness and walk your little doggie in the sunshine! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm glad to hear you are finally in and things are going well. Sorry to hear about the Port trouble but your friend is right, soon it will be a distant memory. Seems like I slept and lost about 3 days after I got my Melph so the fact that you are feeling so good and bouncing is great. I hope things will continue to go smoothly and hopefully at the end you'll say that wasn't so bad.

La Cootina said...

Thank you both so much for your kind words and good wishes. I am lapping them up like peppermint ice cream! I have one more round of misery to get through, probably the worst one yet. And then I will start feeling better, every day.

My MM support group pals cautioned me that fatigue may be more severe and go on longer than expected, and that I shouldn't get frustrated, try and remember to be patient. You may need to remind me of this down the road. Meantime, I am clinging to your Unshakeable Truth like a lifeline. Which, I guess it is!

Becky G said...

Oh my God! What a crappy day. Happy freakin' new year! Arnie sends his best. Rachel just turned 20 and is in her 2nd year at U Ky, Leah is 18 and a sr. in high school. I can't believe I'm old enough to have kids that old! I haven't seen you for over 10 years, but I can hear your voice in every word I read. I have always loved your sharp edged wit. You're the one fighting with every ounce of your being, and I'm the one laughing out loud at your blog. Go figure. You amaze and inspire me. (Don't throw up.)