Monday, July 28, 2008

Birdylicious

My next door neighbors, the Three Little Pigs, woke me up last night at 3 am. Actually, this time it was their male pit bull (not neutered - whee!) who woke me up. The Boy Geniuses let him out at 3am for a little barkfest outside my bedroom window. They claim -- aw, shucks, ma'am -- they don't do these things on purpose; they just get drunk, and forget to not be assholes.

Between the painkillers and the steroids, my sleep cycle is pretty whack, so I just sleep whenever I can. As it happened, I had just fallen asleep. Yep, so then I was not only AWAKE but seethingly furious. I tried repeating the mantra from one of my meditation CDs:
Fill your heart with gratitude and forgiveness...

Fill your heart with gratitude and forgiveness...
Fill your heart with gratitude and forgiveness...

But it wasn't working -- I still wanted to put all their beastie boy parts in little vices (even the dog's!) and crank them up to Falsetto. Sleep was out of the question for hours, so I came into the living room, climbed on the magic internet machine, and went for a ride. I happened to "stumble upon" www.theposterlist.com and bought myself two groovy posters, Pattern Bird and Love Bird.

I really like them, and I'm going to get them framed. But I don't need them, and since I'm darned near destitute, I have no business shopping at 3am and buying something so beautiful but non-essential. I'd probably be better off buying those vices, so I'll be ready next time.

Maybe
then I can fill my heart with gratitude and forgiveness.

No comments: