Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Big C Update, Part Twoth

The good news is, not only do I get a chemo "vacation," but it was the doc's idea. I'm sure he sensed that I was on the verge of throwing in the towel.

The bad news is, that's the only good news. My numbers are almost the same as they've been for the past four months, and a few of them are creeping in the wrong direction: IgG, IgA, IgM, Monoclonal Protein and those pesky Free Light Chains.

So, enough, at least for now. I get a month off. Meantime, I will have yet another scan, and try to figure out why my hips are giving me so much trouble. (I refrained from saying "My hips don't lie!") Depending on where the numbers are a month from now, Doc thinks I should either go back to Revlimid or maybe get on a clinical trial. I'm not so sure, but maybe after a month off, I'll be a little more amenable to the idea.

Mini-rant: I'm tired of radiologists who try to justify their outrageous bills by writing their reports in impossible medical-ese. Schmorl's nodes, Scheuermann-type changes, Multilevel spondylitic ridging. One of my favorite terms: grossly stable. I can -- and have -- spent an hour with a medical dictionary, but it would be so much easier if they would just climb off their pedestals and write their reports in English.

No comments: