Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Indian Spring?

Friday night I had dinner with Gracie's humans, a lovely dinner highlighted by fresh Gulf shrimp from their recent trip. My appetite is still pretty small, but I will always make room for fresh shrimp. It is the one food I think I could eat til I burst, and showing any restraint or courtesy is a huge challenge. (I came home to find the Bims in mid par-tay, and had to park at the end of the block. Thanks, girls. Looking forward to Karma returning the favor.) Saturday night, we gathered at a cable-enhanced Hoodie house to watch the Butler Bulldogs. They had a rough first quarter. As I expected, they rallied almost as soon as I called it a night and headed home. I believe that made Consecutive Win #19!

We are having what I might call Indian Spring...some gloriously warm and sunny weather, but don't expect it to last. I've tried telling my daffodils and tulips that it's a ruse, but they insist on reaching for the sun. Molly and her friends have been enjoying much longer walks. I can hardly believe it, but Molly turned 9 years old last week.

A friend told me that her elderly mother, when asked what was new, would always answer, "Nothing, thank god!" I have a new appreciation for that reply. Other than pain, fatigue and sleeping issues, which have been with me all along, I'm still managing fairly well. I know that may change at any time, and I have a new appreciation for each day that I'm able to manage on my own.

Here's a funny from Bro 1. It always cracks me up to imagine how our pets view us:
P.S. Still no sign of the noctural mammal.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Must be where "No news is good news..." came from and glad to hear "no news" and I am intending that you have many more such days...