Monday, January 12, 2009

Invasion of the Poopy Beast

No matter how many times I shoved her in a kitchen cupboard, Sis always managed to find a way out. I tried several times to trade her in for a kitten; that didn't work either.

Really, she was the bane of my existence for so long. She dared to invade my planet when I was 7-1/2 years old. Suddenly I had to share my room with this squalling, poopy beast. "Jealous" doesn't begin to describe my reaction.

Sis would be my roommate for the next decade. The relationship did not improve for a long, long time and still continues to be challenging (as are many sister relationships).

Everyone else thought Sis was soooo cuuuute; me, I didn't see it. But now I'm very glad I didn't kill her: she has provided half of my spectacular nieces.

It was the least she could do for me.

2 comments:

tim's wife said...

Having 3 sisters and 1 who made my life miserable for a long time, I
completely "comprende"(spelling) this post.
I met a woman in '08 who is fighting MM and heads up a support group. Her younger brother was the bane of her existance too when he showed up and stole some of her thunder.
He turned out to be the only HLA matched sib for the mini-allo she had 5
or so years ago. He donated stem cells for a second time to give her a boost when she relapsed. She's glad her past efforts to "take him out" didn't work. :)
I have a new opinion of my sister-in-law now for this same reason. Just in case we ever need her cells, I think it would help to be on her good side!!

La Cootina said...

Haha - now there's a fresh perspective. Thanks for sharing!