Saturday, January 24, 2009

Meet Supergirls 3 and 4

Here's a 2-3 year old picture of Sis and the Supergirls 3 and 4, TJ (left) and KC. I've mentioned that Sis and I have a somewhat challenging, often volatile relationship, and I must admit that being my sister might not have been easy. First, she starts out in the hole just for being born. Not technically her fault, I know, but someone has to take that hit. Then there is the fact that I'm a bit of a hothead. And although I think I've made great progress, I'm probably still a know-it-all, self-righteous smarty-pants. I can see where that might become tedious. So I'd say I'm responsible for 50%, maybe even 51%, of our difficulties.

TJ and I are especially great pals, and we share the big sister thing, but in so many ways (not good ways), KC and I probably have more in common. TJ, like Sis, is quiet, thoughtful and shy. KC is passionate, animated, and much more of an extrovert. Every once in a great while, life hands you a do-over. I've made a great effort to be a better aunt than I was a sister, and I hope I've succeeded. TJ and KC are both very smart, and funny, and kind. I'm sure they'll have their share of difficulties, too, but they will be much better at resolving them.

No comments: