Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One year ago...

Last June, my friend Chris held a fundraiser on my behalf. It was mostly our Hoodies, but she has many circles of friends, from work, from volunteering, and she invited them all. At first, I felt slightly mortified to be the beneficiary of a fundraiser. But I decided to get over it, and at least put in an appearance. I was finishing the last of a 6-month chemo cycle, so I felt pretty crappy, but I managed a brief visit; I think (hope) I managed to thank a few people. I know I was on the verge of bursting into tears the whole time. It was a lovely party. Guests pitched in food and beverages, and Chris hired a couple of musicians for the evening. I was so touched at everyone's generosity, including many people who've never met me. And when it was all over, Chris and company raised more than a month's worth of expenses for me. Here are just a few pictures from the party. Thanks to Judy for being my photographer.

2 comments:

tim's wife said...

It's very hard to be on the receiving end of things, especially when you are the
giving type. But I used to tell the lovely woman who was our neighbor and lost her husband(Tim used to do all sorts of household stuff for her and she was a loving
"Nana" to Olivia) no one would ever have the opportunity to do a good deed if there were no one in need of them(or accepting of them.) The fact that these people were more than willing to do something for you means they know you'd do the same for them.
We gotta take our blessings where we find 'em.

La Cootina said...

Thanks, TW, that's a nice way of looking at it.