Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Crafty Girl

It's been a quiet week at Villa DeCay. The good news is that the nausea is down to a 5, or even a 4. But I had two days in a row of that can't-get-out-of-bed feeling, which was very discouraging. It was both fatigue and back pain, taking turns whoopin' my ass. I'm a little better today, which actually feels like a lot better, so I'm going to try and take advantage of it and get a few tasks done.

That includes finding my dining room table again. (It gets lost unless I really stay on top of bill-paying and filing.) And, now that Miss Molly is back home full time, I need to keep up with my hairy floors. Black dogs & wood floors makes for some mighty scary dust bunnies; more like dust elephants. Dust dinosaurs. I've already done a sink full of dishes, so if I get these two chores done, I will feel very accomplished.

I may even get back to a chore I started and abandoned: trying to get the crafts room in some sort of order. I've got a serious craft habit, and every time I decide to take on/learn a new craft, I feel compelled to go out and buy everything I could possibly need if I were going to pursue that craft full-time for the next 5 years. Recently, it's been decoupage, beaded jewelry, and decorating canvas totes. I've got piles and piles of STUFF for all of the above, so I bought yet another organizer thingy. I filled the bottom drawer with cross-stitch stuff. I haven't done any cross-stitch in at least 5 years, and I've already given away scads of thread, patterns, etc. This is just what I had left over! (I also gave away scads of yarn, scads of crafty paper, scads of craft books and craft scraps. But somehow, that stuff just keeps reproducing. Maybe it's osmosis.) The second drawer immediately filled with "miscellaneous," which frustrated me to the point of abandoning the project. I need to empty that second drawer into a bag for the time being, and try again.

Aren't there any 12-step programs for craftaholics? I can't be the only one...

No comments: