Thursday, November 6, 2008

Big C Update

I'd normally have lots to share, but I'm losing a terrible battle with a backache. Backache 10, Cootina 0.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln..." Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. I'm still struggling with some bone pain and nausea, but it's manageable. Over all, I really think I'm one of the luckier cancer patients. One day of harvesting - I still have not even heard of anyone else who hit their mark in one day. Fifteen days in the hospital. So even though my crumbling spine gives me some trouble, I still think I'm ahead of the game compared to so many others who have a much, much harder time of it.

I don't think my mental state has improved much; I still have almost no focus or concentration so I'm going to milk the "chemo brain" excuse as long as I can.

I'm not quite sure what that "rapture" business is, but I thought that after Obama won, there was at least a chance I might just vaporize, disappear in a fit of ecstasy. On many levels, I'm relieved just to still be here.

No comments: