Monday, November 17, 2008

Sit! Stay! Good Puppy...

Copyright Mike Luckovich, Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Obama hasn't even been inaugurated yet and he's already being blamed for everything, including the fragile, fickle economy. I just can't see how Obama will be able to "reverse the Titanic" in just four years. The Congresspigs would have to realize that they, too, have a chance to be part of a history-making agenda and restore much of what was once right with America. We might repair our badly tarnished image and be seen once again as a leader, a defender of just causes, and not just the world's loudmouth bully.

The Congresspigs would have to want that more than they want to continue stuffing themselves at the public trough. They would have to put the public interests ahead of their own. I don't know if I've ever seen that in my lifetime.

It saddens me that Obama is almost certain to be a one-term president. I hope I'm wrong. Barack Obama has already exceeded everyone's expectations, so chances are good that I am wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

(The best of Designers for Obama here.)

No comments: