Friday, August 22, 2008

Unforgettable Spectacular Movie Night!!!

The Hoodies are having another "Unforgettable Spectacular Movie Night!!!" tonight. Hoodie Gary has hosted a few of these; he's our professional Audio-Visual guy who also happens to be a tv writer/producer. The first one I attended was projected on their porch; the feature movie was Ma & Pa Kettle Go to Paris. (Did I mention the Hoodies are a bunch of Francophiles? or at least Europhiles?) The second one, I didn't even manage to stay for the movie. I think I was some sci-fi thing that got a general thumbs-down. The actual movie being shown tonight? It's a secret.

Doesn't really matter; I probably won't be able to stay long enough for the movie tonight, either. But I'll don my rhinestones for the occasion, and enjoy great food and beverages, and charming, witty repartee. Molly has spent the afternoon at the home of Gracie and her humans, who are hosting the movie, probably getting in the caterers' way, and asking for autographs. She gets away with it because she's sooo cute.

And, for the third time since my diagnosis, I am giving cancer the night off. This is the last time I'll be able to do so, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll strap it back on as soon as I get home, but I'll enjoy being cancer-free for the evening.

No comments: