Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big K Update

Right now I feel like I've been beaten with a Louisville slugger, but the surgeon assured me that everything went well. My compression fracture created some extra challenges, but he feels that he was still able to achieve a very good result, with that vertebrae and one other. It may take 2-3 days to get over the "beaten to a pulp" feeling, but then I hope to gradually feel a little better every day.

I've been so focused on pain relief, I forgot to even ask if I got my inch back. Just think -- I could be back to my original, lofty height of 5'!

P.S. Last night at dinner, Sis brilliantly noted that on Planet Starbucks, we are "tall."

4 comments:

John said...

Hey Cranky;

You did it! Glad you are better and...taller.

Be well. :)

La Cootina said...

Thanks, John. Although in my case, the appropriate term is probably "less short."

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got through the surgery. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!

Rest up

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, LC.