Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winners Announced

I only had two entries in my Valentine's contest. They were both excellent, so I'm declaring a two-way tie. Tim's Wife and Kathy from NJ, please send your snail-mail address to LaCootina (at) gmail (dot) com and I will send your Valentine prize.

I'm trying to be all about forgiveness and tolerance; these are my ongoing life lessons. So my own entry would be something like

LOVE MEANS... honesty with tact, gratitude with sincerity, and the willingness to forgive unconditionally.

That's the romanticized concept of a girl who's never been married. I'm sure a more realistic version would be more like
LOVE MEANS... putting his dirty socks in the hamper instead of under his pillow.
Okay, if you're lucky enough to have a keeper, write yourself a reminder: buy/send Valentine today.

2 comments:

Kathy from NJ said...

Thank you, but Tim's wife's answer was much better than mine. Would you mind putting my prize in your etsy shop and spend the profits on ice cream & junk food? And your answer was the best by far, I am having a very difficult time forgiving someone right now.

tim's wife said...

Yeaaaaahhhh! I never win anything so I am gonna take my prize and hope that having it sends healing vibes back and forth between both of our homes. And Kathy, if you're having trouble forgiving(don't we all) ya gotta watch "Diary of a Mad Black Woman". It's a Tyler Perry movie and hysterical and has some real good forgiving messages in it. Cicely Tyson makes a little speech about it that is simple but so true.Even if ya don't like the flick, it's worth it just to stare
at Shemar Moore for 2 hours! Drop me an e-mail and let me know where in Jersey you're from. We're up here in Bergen County. We may even be using the same doctor. tdos59@optonline.net
Will e-mail ya with my address
La Cootina. THANK YOU! Denise
from Jersey