Sunday, February 22, 2009

Groovy House Stuff

Forgive me, Carrie Bradshaw, but I'm pretty much over the whole Shoe Thing. If I weren't, however, I would have ordered this shoe rack immediately. In fact, I may order it anyways and just find another use for it - that's how brilliant it is! On my way to finding it, I also discovered...
Who needs picture frames? Cover one wall with this paper, and post your family pics with double-sticky. I love home decor with a sense of humor.

I'm in love with this lovebird pillow.

And isn't it groovy when you find a retailer with good products, who also seems committed to doing good works? These products come from Le Souk:

Le Souk donates at least 5% of its profits to Women for Women. This nongovernmental organisation helps women in war-torn regions rebuild their lives by providing them with job skills training, rights education, access to capital, assistance in small business development and financial and emotional support.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also in love with the idea, at least, of trying to buy American-made products. In fact, I'd rather spend a couple bucks more for a product and try to keep my neighbors employed, than save a few bucks buying crap at Wall(OChina)-Mart. At www.RoomandBoard.Com, I love most of the furniture, and 85% of their 2009 collection is made in the USA, supporting family-owned companies. Even their clearance items are out of my price range right now, but if I hit the lottery, I'll have a little spree here and feel good about it.

No comments: