Monday, February 23, 2009

Go See...

In places where 90% of the population doesn't have electricity, how clever is a non-electric refrigerator? Clever enough to win a $100,000 prize.

I'm very much anti-graffiti, even more than I am anti-tattoo. Graffiti is an invasion. an eyesore, a trespass, and a pathetic cry for attention. I didn't think there was such a thing as "good" graffiti, but I stand corrected, only if permission is granted by the owners when the project involves private property.
Roadsworth
Filthyluker
Dan Witz

I haven't lost my anarchistic leanings altogether. In fact, I'm quite in favor of Guerilla Gardening, taking a neglected public space and turning it into a garden. Organic Anarchy? (The pro-graffiti element will claim it's an "eye of the beholder" issue, but simply put: they're wrong, I'm right.)

The SmartCar is not wildly popular in the USA, because in the case of an accident, it looks more like a deathtrap. We don't want to be driving a gumball machine when all the other boys and girls have big, steel SUVs. So I can appreciate the appeal of the Loremo, a steel-framed car that claims to get 50+mpg. The catch? Not in production until 2010. Still, I'd line up & wait for this sexy machine.
Link

No comments: