Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blog, Schmog? Book, Schmook?

A day late yet again!

Several folks have suggested I might compile some or all of this blog into a book. I don't know if it's publish-worthy, but I had a title picked out: Cancer, Schmancer! Yeah, clever me, not only is there already a book by that title, but it's by Fran Drescher, possibly the most annoying actress of all time. It's not just a book, it's a movement: about awareness, early detection, prevention, lobbying for legislation, etc. I haven't read the book, but I have checked out the website and I have to concede: there's some good stuff.

Well, I'm just going to have to work on a new title. Title, Schmitle?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, i think it would be a terrific schmook!

a FAV blog that became a book is http://www.dailycoyote.net. if you don't already know it, check it out
(beware: it's a time-suck! her photos and prose are both amazing.)

best, gina

tim's wife said...

You should write a book! You have a lot of talent and I would definitely pre-order my own personal autographed first edition.
Along the cancer schmancer line of thinking, maybe you could call it
Cancer....Oy Vay!

Anonymous said...

You're a great writer, and I'd buy your book. There's actually a way to import your blog into book format. have you looked at Blurb?

La Cootina said...

Thanks, all. I have considered self-publishing. Right now, I'm too vain to consider vanity publishing... not to say that won't change at some point ;D

La Cootina said...

That didn't make much sense. I mean, I have considered self-publishing, aka vanity publishing, but right now I'm too vain. As in, I hold out a glimmer of hope that a "real" publisher might be interested.

Anonymous said...

"too vain for vanity publishing"! hahaha! you're a hoot!!

on the dailycoyote blog i mentioned earlier, shreve has posted some info and advice for first-time authors - and i have a hunch she would reply to email from a fellow blogger. (i only know her as a fan, but i'll bet the two of you would be sympatico!)

best, gina