Friday, February 6, 2009

Meditation: A Shortcut that Works

I've found that practicing meditation or "guided imagery" has been very helpful in reducing stress and coping withthe whole pesky cancer situation. Because I'm still fairly new to the practice, it can take me a long time. I was delighted to receive this in my email yesterday: a shortened version! I've tried it, and it really works. The key is to take it one step at a time, and don't skip anything.

Stress Relief

If you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological tests. Go through each step; it should provide significant stress relief.

1. Picture yourself near a stream in the mountains.

2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.

3. No one knows your secret place.

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called the world.

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6. You feel a gentle breeze. The water is crystal clear.

7. You can easily make out the face of the person you are holding under the water.
See? You're smiling already.

No comments: