Monday, September 15, 2008

More Angels

With the tagline "One Less Thing to Worry About," Cleaning for a Reason steps in to offer FREE professional house cleaning services for cancer patients. I don't know if you can imagine what a relief this is, especially for an unattached person like myself. I have already asked for a lot of help, and the last thing I want to do is ask anyone to scrub my tub, wash my floors, etc.

I haven't even contacted them yet, but I'm assuming I will qualify. Between my lack of income and bona fide diagnosis, I qualify for almost everything. If you were looking around for a nice organization to squander your extra $20, $50 or more, they would be happy to accept a donation. For those who itemize, the IRS still considers this type of charitable contribution 100% deductible.

And if you happen to use a professional cleaning service, ask if they're involved with Cleaning for a Reason. If not, it's probably because they've never heard of it. Ask them to go to the website and check it out. The more maid services that join the cause, the more cancer patients they can help.

3 comments:

josh williams said...

Now thats a great idea, someone was thinking. You need to give them a call I am sure you qualify. I think this is good info for Angies List.
On a side note, are you done with Eric Idle's book? My best to you JW

Meeta Banerjee said...

That's a great idea. I wonder if places around here participate. I should find out for friends of mine.

La Cootina said...

Gettng close, JW. I will drop it off when I'm done.
SuperC - check the website; it shows which cities have services so far.