Saturday, September 13, 2008

No Murphys Allowed

Mom pointed out that I was wrong in my previous post (Big C Update II). Moms are allowed to do that, and I've learned my Mom is always right. Always. Including this time. I was sitting here reciting to myself my Litany of Misery (my back hurrrrts, I hate this f*cking porrrrt, I'm so tiiiired) and I realized that I do this more out of habit than anything else.

So here are just a few things that have gone right (but I haven't even acknowledged because I'm a myopic, ungrateful wretch who probably doesn't even deserve them):

  • Yes I have cancer, but even with the misdiagnosis, it was found in time to respond to treatment
  • I have a great oncologist and I'm getting treatment at a world-famous, state-of-the-art facility
  • Supernurse G might be "just doing her job" when she battles DieSuckah, but I believe she goes above and beyond that, for every single patient
  • Every step of the way I've had the support of devoted family and incredible friends. Even if this was the only thing on the list, it would be more than enough to make me humble and grateful forever
  • The MM support group has been wonderful, and I'm sure that they are waiting for the opportunity to do more.
And that's just for starters. Thanks, Mom.

But I think I'm much funnier when I'm cynical and skeptical, so please indulge me occasionally, if only in the interest of fine art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may be myopic (understandably so....your world has shrunk so much in the last few months), but you're definitely not ungrateful. Go ahead and be funny..sardonic or sarcastic...we love you "IRREGARDLESS"!!
Ma