Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Harvest Time

"Bringing in the stem cells, bringing in the stem cells, we will be rejoicing, bringing in the stem cells!" Oh, sure, now I come up with a harvest song...

Tomorrow is Port/Central Line insertion day, and Harvest day #1 and SCT -7 (stem cell transplant in 7 days, ideally). I don't expect to get any sleep tonight, and I'll have plenty of time to catch up tomorrow, but I should at least try to rest a bit. I've done all I can; taken all the shots exactly as prescribed, so all I can do is try and dial down the anxiety.

I'm in good hands and now it's time to let go and trust the medical team: they are not only skilled, but also compassionate. I hope to check in tomorrow with a full report (so far, 81% of you want all the details, including the gory ones); until then, I leave you with a short poem about my new pseudo-religion, kindness:

Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be over before you know it!

Michelle said...

sending good vibes your way for an easy harvest!!

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

what a good quote; you are in my thoughts and prayers.