Sunday, September 14, 2008

EZ Burn ith tho fuhn


EZ Bake? More like EZ Burn. Why were these things such a big hit? It must have been just their size; miniatures of almost anything have been irresistible to kids. I know we even had a kiddy-sized ironing board and iron. How much fun is it to "play" ironing drudge?

EZ Burns were messy and the servings were smurf-sized. They didn’t even taste good. Although the little cakes and treats “baked” under a lightbulb, they came out of the EZ Burn oven still in a near-liquid form, but at the temperature of molten lava.

After all the preparation and anticipation, I doubt there was a kid in the world who could wait for them to cool down. Ahd that ith why kidth talk like thith back then - becoth we buhd ouh tohgueth on EZ bake cwap.

4 comments:

Kathy from NJ said...

Our family got our first TV sometime probably in the mid '50's. We were only allowed to watch TV as a family after supper EXCEPT on ironing day, my mother ironed in the living room & watched TV while she ironed. Well, there were no mini ironing boards for me & my sister, we BEGGED to learn how to iron so we could watch TV too.

La Cootina said...

Oh, that's hilarious! I loved my little play kitchen but did not appreciate the point of a play iron.
(Our tv viewing was severely restricted also. Bro 1 and I only got to watch Ed Sullivan and Lassie for a long time.)

Anonymous said...

What? you didn't get to watch Mickey Mouse Club? Poor deprived baby!

La Cootina said...

I was always bad at that part of Trivial Pursuit...because I don't know most of the TV shows from my childhood!