Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Did Tina Fey Out-Palin Palin?"

The SNL opening sketch last night featuring Tina Fey as Sarah Palin has to be one of the funniest, most insightful comedy moments of the 21st century; even though there are 92 more years to top it, I'm confident it won't happen. Amy Poehler as Hilary Clinton was razor sharp. Every line was like a glistening pearl. (I can't believe I actually got to see it, live. I had already gone to bed, but woke up remembering that I had not taken my evening medicines. Just a pure fluke that I happened to catch it.) Here is a transcript, and I believe, a video:
SNL sketch with Palin-Clinton

BRILLIANT.

2 comments:

josh williams said...

I watched it live as well with some guest's from New Hampshire.
I guess Network still has some golden moments up its sleeve's.

La Cootina said...

The critics have all said this sketch was the high point of the show. I can only say it's the only part I saw. But the writing has definitely gone downhill the last couple of years.